We have decided to use the ‘robot’ flat and build shelves into it for behind the bar. Just need to get our paint and get started on the painting.
I am not getting too involved in the design and drawing of the set as I am on costume. I think the sports theme will come together ok. There will be a TV in the corner on top of the wine barrel that is in the warehouse. A plant or something ‘big’ at the end of the bar would fill up that space a little.
I am going home on Wednesday purely to get anything and everything I think is Mexican or bar like as I only live 1.5 hours away. I have some American number plates, Mexican hat, clock, pictures, posters etc etc
These are just guides for the costumes that I can mention to the actors.
Will - Construction worker. Tries to move conversation along uncomfortable in the situation. Has a small opinion on the welfare argument. Leaves the bar when the conversation becomes heated. Kind, gentle.
Old shirt with stains, dark blue, shabby denim jeans and heavy boots. Messy hair, greasy workers hands. He is shabby but also approachable.
Jason Lawyer. Tired. Drinks beer (manly man), frustrated, defensive, turns nasty, easily provoked, mid life crisis (get the impression he had an affair with Alex).
Respectable ‘lawyer’ clothing ie suit and tie although also shabby tired… messy hair undone tie untucked shirt
Kelly Student. Uncomfortable in the situation, doesn’t full understand the welfare argument and GST, drinks beer, young… ditsy. Got the impression of a spoilt rich girl.
Girly colours: pink blouse, shirt skirt, stockings and heels. Jewelery such as a heart necklace. ‘blond’
Evan Writer. Uncomfortable with the fight between Jason and Gabrielle, sensitive. Only character to actually say something about the fighting. Helpful and friendly.
Brown baggy pants, not jeans, maybe fisherman pants and a band t-shirt. Glasses.
Miranda Actor. Offers Gabrielle a drink to shut her up. Tries to help.
Eclectic, fisherman pants, knitted cardigan.
Alex Doctor. Impatient, busy schedule, snappy, emotional, may have had an affair with Jason. Swimmer/fit.
White shirt and vest, black skirt, minimal jewelery, pony tail.
Gabrielle Government. Uptight, stressed, oblivious to others, pushy, defensive, swears, upset. Swimmer/fit. Has been hurt by J
Jason, angry then mean. Opinionated about her work.
Pants suit.
Sam Uni Student. Jeans and a band shirt
No comments:
Post a Comment