Thursday, July 30, 2009

#11 Production Meeting

We had our production meeting today, which was good to see the proddies who are working on this show. I would have liked to have been in the design demo to get Bel's ideas for the set a little clearer, however I was needed for the 3rd show, so Bel gave us a more detailed description of her ideas and had some sketches that were useful.

Up until now i havnt fully understood the concept, hence i havnt started set dressing sourceing. After the production meeteing we scavanged throught the warehouse for 'stuff' suitable for the show. It will be as though two gay guys own the pub with a travel; vibe, with objects and posters that would have come from their travels. I am going to do a bit of google image searching for posters and art works that we can get blown up at officeworks and then framed to be our expensive 'artworks'. We need posters such safey signs and underage 18+ signs.

While Laura and Bel were painting our extra flat I ripped off the fabric on the couch (a bigger job then first anticipated) we want to use and gave it two coats of paint. I have shotgunned reappulstering it ;-)

Checked out the 4th show of team Alpha...... AWESOME!!!! Absolutly love how it has changed/evolved. The brick wall does wonders and the posters make it feel more lived in and used. Attention to detail such as laminating a cocktaill menu is amazing and has definatly raised the bar for poor old team Beta...

We plan to meet in the warehouse after class Wednesday to apoulster the couch and get more organised with set dressing 'stuff' we dont want to have to buy anythiing more as we have already gone over budget and are now digging deep in our own pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment