Thursday, July 30, 2009

#13 Rehearsals

SUNDAY 24th: We met at the studio at 830 ready to dress the set... by now we all pretty much know what needs to be done to get the set ready without too much discussion ie putting the string on the items to be hung etc so everything went pretty smoothly. I had to go back over the hill to get a few things with Michaela at one point; it is good to have our own cars over the hill for such reasons.The set was pretty well dressed before 5pm when we had to leave to see a film, and we organised to meet Monday morning at 10am.

I really like the way Bel has moved the bar to the front of the set, allowing the camera to capture the set in one shot rather then just wall, which has been the case in the other shows. It has been a shame not being able to see much of the set in the other shows. However I think moving the arch and the angled doorway made the set a little too box like… The angled corner broke up the wall a bit, it would have been nice to have more extra fake rooms going off from the set ie the arch way however due to lack of flats this was not possible. The state of the flats are absolutely pathetic unfortunately but I think we did really well working with what we had and the bubbles in the flats etc are not that visible on screen. I still don’t like the colour of the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment