Wednesday, July 29, 2009

#7 Bumb In

29th March- Bump In has finally arrived. Started the day an hour early at 9am, which was a very wise decision, as putting in A-Frames is a lengthy process. I got to know the drill quite well and enjoyed screwing on the hinges and flats together with help from Liam. Meanwhile Laura painted and Bel and Michaela were busy bees making sure everything was getting organized, very team effort type of day, despite the slight amounts of tension and stress. BUT all the flats were up, bar, couches, tables and barrel were in place. All that was left to do is dress the set which was left to do in the morning.












I also had a chance to meet the actors. I did not have and still do not have any of their contact details so no one even looked at my costume breakdown, however I had a discussion with each of them on what I thought they should wear and put my faith in them. I told each actor to bring a couple of extra changes or clothes just in case. Basically I said NO white, black, shiny, fully saturated clothing, and gave them a rough idea on specific items.

The extras were told to wear clothing they personally would wear in a bar, and to also bring a spare change just in case. The bar tender I believe was cast perfectly, he was such a great character. I told the bar tender and waiter to try to wear the same coloured shirts, blue jeans and runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment