Thursday, July 30, 2009

#17 Reviews of Shows

SHOW-1:

*You could see the black line above on the flats a lot in this show

*their seemed to be a lot of blank space on the walls, maybe the posters were too high, I still maintain that the colours of the flats were hideous and came out very boring on screen. The blue also came out too dark on screen.

*The lighting was pretty disappointing, its amazing how much lighting effects the set, in this case the dull lights accentuate the dull walls. The lighting behind the bar was good however seemed too dark at times.

*I liked the angles used in many of the shots. The set really gave off a 'used bar' feel. I also liked the TV in the background.

SHOW-2:

*There was a lot more colour in this show which gives off a much more happy, brighter vibe. The lighting was also a disappointment being too dark at times and the distraction of the contrasting lights above the bar. At one point the glasses cast some interesting shadows on the table which i liked.

SHOW-3

*I like the hand held used in this show it gave a more lively feel and with practice i think it could look very effective

*From an acting perspective I thought it was a bit flat, i remember on the day the actors were having trouble. I liked that the actors were not slumped on a couch though, they sat up better on the floor.

*The fairy lights twinkling in the background look very pleasing

*The set was a lot fuller then the 1st show which works better on screen adding more visual interest. this show just seemed more realistic

SHOW-4:

*The random posters on the walls as well as the fridge, suitcases, and bar shelf add a lot of interest to this show.

*This show really shows how lighting can effect depth (one actor appeared to be sitting directly against the wall however in actuality she was sitting quite a distance form it)

*I thought that you could not really see much of the set at any one time due to the use of very closed in tights shots which is disappointing.

SHOW-5

*The opening scene to this show is amazing, being shot through the shelves and bottles panning to the bar. Having the bar at the front enables the audience to see more of the set and created more depth of field. There were a lot more areas for scenes to be shot in this set ie the back two couches, the bar and the stools.

*The candles in the background are a nice subtle shine and interest for the shot at the bar.

*One major issue I thought was the scene where Miranda fights about her being cheated on. It is more of a blocking issue, where there was a shot that showed majority of the set and pretty fairy lights and then the next shot showed a plain wall with the toilet sign.

SHOW-6

*This is by far the best show of the series. There is a lot more movement and interest in the set which seams to have rubbed off onto the actors as they did an amazing job in this show.

*It is great to see the progression of the 6 shows, they seam to become more realistic and have more set dressing items which definitly adds interest. The subtle details are so important.

I have learned so much during this whole process not only from a design perspective, but also an Actor and Tv Production perspective. There is so much I will take with me to future productions and am excited to have a go at other roles with more responsibility such as SET DESIGNER. I also would love to get more involved in STAGE MANAGER in future theater productions just because they have more responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment