Monday, October 19, 2009

SKINS

After receiving the Set designs from Maddy via Blue, I went through the warehouse with Liam and gathered anything we thought was 'Skinesk' and set them aside. I typed a list of items we were using and any other items we might need to get else ware for each set. Maddy designed 3 areas, the BASEMENT/versatile/party space, the LOCKERs space and the BATHROOM space.









At our design meetings I asked everyone to start collecting their McDonalds/take away wrappers, beer/soft drink bottles and anything they thought would be suitable for the set. I didnt want the set to look to much like everything came from the warehouse, which is not easy with NO budget. I passed on the jackets/hats etc to the costume designers.

After stressing out a bit about when I was going to be able to get permanent markers, spray paint and toilet paper, I remembered Liam on set dress as well and got him to be the run around/get everything guy, which was really helpful.

I went into the warehouse a couple times leading up the the first record and during bump in just to double check everything was still there and had not been taken by anyone else. I kept reminding costume, Liam and others to bring their required items writing lists etc. It all seemed to go pretty smoothly and everyone was very organized. Ive also written down everything that each person has brought to the set so nothing gets lost and added it to my Skins file.

the painting was done pretty efficiently on the SUNDAY mornings ;-( but it was all done a lot quicker then SLOU we definitely know what we're doing more now. I went to buy some more liquid nails for the tiles and started tiling, we ran out of the glue very quickly however if we put less on I was afraid they would fall off. BUT fingers crossed they will be ok for the 4 shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment