Sunday, October 25, 2009

SKINS- 1st bump in

So we had our first record last week which seemed to go very smoothly. We were all pretty well organized for bump in and seemed to get the set up quickly, i guess we had a good practice with SLOU.

The toilets look so real:








The basement area was fun to dress as it did not need to look pretty, just a messy junky room so could chuck bottles etc around. Everyone brought bottles, rubbish, clothes and locker stuff as I had asked which was really helpful. I think the crates and stack chairs really add to the junky basement feel. The muddy, streaked walls didn't come out as much as we had hope ie like previously done in the 3rfd yr show DEAL, however theres nothing much more we can do to them, the brown colour is good enough for now. There was some confusion as to what the Basement area was actually supposed to be. I thought originally that it was one of the character's parent's basement at their house, however it has now been explained to be a basement more off a street then a privately owned area.






The locker space works well, despite the fact that we could not get as many lockers as preferred, which does make the space seem a little staged or empty. I really like the junky locker items, it is a true interpretation a a school area. we told the actors many times to play with the lockers and pick the items up etc however they seem a little reluctant to do so but we'll see how it looks.


I was afraid, as were most of us, how the sets were going to fit in and if we would have enough space for the cameras, due to the floor plan actually being drawn outside the yellow line area, BUT they worked perfectly and there actually seemed to be a fare amount of space in between sets.




I think for next week we wont need to change much, I don't really have time to muck around fine tuning it and we have received a lot of nice comments so it doesn't need to have more time spent on it. We have been told some working lamps could add to it however I dont have time for the next shoot, it is something to work on for the shoot in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment