Saturday, October 31, 2009

SKINS- Show #3

We started bump in for the 3rd show at 1pm Saturday 31st Oct. WHAT A HOT and STICKY day BUT we got all the flats up and half dressed by about 4:30pm. It took us a while to get started, I think due to the fact it was so stuffy in the studio, we tried getting the flats in from the warehouse so we could have to roller door closed for the aircon which helped. After an hour or so we pretty much settled into our various jobs ie Sam etc on constructing the bathrooms, while I started dressing the basement and lockers. So by 4:30 the lockers and half the basement were actually ready and dressed, leaving only the posters and a few bits of furniture for Sunday.

Im finding it difficult working with Liam, he has done some work in regards to the set dressing however it seams I have to instruct him and tell him what to do otherwise he will just stand or sit there watching the rest of us bump in.
While im ranting, just a little comment on Maddy. She has done a fantastic job designing the set however her disorganization has led to others having to fill to pick up her slack a little. I volunteered to take back the projector at 9am for Maddy and when I got there there were heaps of items needed to be returned so I ended up spending half an hour walking around TV land trying to pick up the slack from Maddy's doing, I didnt mind returning everything it just would have been nice if she was more organized. OTHER then that we have all worked so well together and we seam to just know our jobs and who can do what IE i needed something screwed to the flat so I got Sam to do it etc. Im looking forward to working on bigger projects with everyone next yr.

Im still trying to work out what I want to do ie lights, costume? Ive enjoyed set dressing even though it was not a hard set to dress ie just got everyone to bring in their rubbish and brought stuff down from the warehouse, BUT I think it would be fun dressing a set with a decent budget etc like interior designing and i find myself noticing the layout of everyday rooms of the house etc. Ive also started to be more confident within the uni, getting to know names of contacts etc which means I feel I could do better in a more organizy job which I enjoy like stage managing. Its been awesome fun sitting in on JUNGLE REHEARSALS and seeing the development from an actors perspective.

SUNDAY- we met at 10am to finish dressing etc which only took a few hours. For this 3rd show of SKINS we've been asked by BRUCE to include a few working lights at the back of the set to help with the depth. We'll use Bruce and Scots lamps from their offices. If I can find the steamers I bought from 1st show we'll be using them for this set.

MONDAY- After Designer BBQ about 2pm was record for the 3rd show. It was slow getting started due to proddies trying to work out shots and actors having trouble with Audio so we ended up being 40mins behind schedule. BUT they ended up cutting a scene so we didnt bump out too late. We were still able to bump out the lockers and bathrooms while the basement was still being used which helps SO MUCH. It was SOOO HOT so thankfully we had the hands of all the proddies making bump out extremely quick. Cant wait until the last show. But maybe not the cleaning up of the warehouse bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment